Sunday, December 6, 2015

Beauty gift guide 2015


I stress about getting just the right gift as much as anyone. So if you’ve got a beauty-lover on your list…. Here are my favorites, simple to mix and match to create the perfect package of gorgeousness.

Perfume



Womanity

My fragrance preferences are clean, woody, and foodie (sweet and/or spicy). And if this perfume hadn’t already been made, this is what I would create. I just love it and it will always be on my list. I guarantee compliments anytime I wear it.
Buy: http://www.muglerusa.com 

Haus of Gloi 

www.hausofgloi.com

This site gives you or your giftee an amazing range of scents to create your perfect mix for soaps, lotions, oils, and more.  Amazing and creative gift for those creative and adventurous types.



Body Care


C. Boot Ginger Sugar Body Scrub 

Hands-down favorite scrub ever. I was never impressed by what I found in stores, so I’d always created my own. But when I tried this one, I was hooked on the yummy fragrance of sweet ginger.  It’s beautifully effective at making your skin feel silky and new without turning your shower into an oily safety hazard!

Almond Oil

If you’re looking for a lightweight, natural moisturizer, this is my pick. Sinks in easily to the skin without a greasy feel. And it’s easily accessible at most health stores.






Beauty Tools


Crown Brush Syntho Series

Especially when this comes around on Haute Look for super cheap… These are my must-own brushes. Incredibly soft and durable. I’ve never had them shed, go ruff, or fail me in any way.


Sephora Smoky Liner #24

Perfect smudgy bottom lash line. Done!





Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge

Granted, I’ve never used a Beauty Blender. But when you have a sponge that works as well as this one, plus it features a unique flat side aaaaannnd it’s ¼ the price… Fughetaboudit. I blend my foundation, concealer, contour, cream blush to perfection then use the flat side to set with  my loose powder.



Hot Tools Marcel Wand 

I have this in two sizes. But the most requested "big loose curls", I use the 1 1/4" wand for that look. You have to note, there is a definite learning curve with these wands. The barrel and clamp move in ways you're probably not used to. I highly recommend using a heat glove at least the first few times you use this. I still have scars.......
However, once you get the hang of using it, you won't go back to another wand. Perfect curls with massive lasting power!

Makeup

Sephora Waterproof Contour Eye Pencil

The colors in this range are amazing. My favorite is called "Fairytale" (shown on left), teal green with multicolored reflects. They're dirt cheap and rival any higher end offering. 






Girlactik Matte Lip Paints

One of my favorite beauty brands. These are the clear winners for best liquid lipsticks that I've used. They are very lightweight and don't dry down and leave your lips flaky in a few hours. Dream lip products.


Kat Von D makeup

I doubt there is a dud in her line. I'm frequently asked what my favorite brand is and she has it. My favorites are the powders (eyeshadows, contour palettes, blushes). She doesn't mess around with poor quality, and her whole line is cruelty free. If I were a collector of anything, it might just be her palettes. I could get back ups of back ups and be pleased as punch.


 My list


Face Paint by Lisa Eldridge

Lisa is one of my favorite makeup artists. Best known for her celeb clients like Kate Winslet and  Kira Knightly. This is a perfect gift for the person who's into makeup and probably already has everything. That's why it's on my list ;)
It's not an instructional work, like most beauty books. Lisa provides here an interesting outlay of the history of makeup and the way it's been used from centuries past to the last few decades. 


I hope this short guide gave you some great ideas on how to bundle the perfect gift for your friend or family member who is either just starting or already neck-deep in the world of cosmetics and beauty. 
Happy holidays.
:)


* All images sourced from Google*

No comments:

Post a Comment